By Nairaland Forum I Saw this long, nice article about Ibadan on Facebook and I was really enticed with the facts. I verified most of them on Google and I was able to get back ups on Wikipedia. I won’t be wrong saying this Article was culled from Wikipedia.
Note::: This is not a thread for debating on which city is better but just to enlighten those that know nothing or few about this Big City or those that have been misinformed. Enjoy!!!
Did/Do you know that:
● Ibadan is the third Largest city in Africa after Cairo and Johannesburg (Wikipedia)
● Ibadan is the third most populous city in Nigeria after Kano and Lagos
● Ibadan is the Home of Nigeria Army 2nd Division
● Ibadan City alone has a population of 3,720,643 people (2006 census), with this more populous than states like, Enugu, Gombe, Osun, Cross-River, Sokoto, Ondo, Kebbi, Edo, Benue, Bayelsa, Abia, Kwara, Adamawa, Ebonyi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Taraba, Pleatue, Ekiti, Yobe and Zamfara (2006 census)
● Ibadan has 11 recognised Local Government Area with an Average of 338,462 people per L.G.A as against 150,000 people per L.G.A of Fed constitution recommendation, the Nigerian Constitution stipulate 10 L.G.A for provision to create a state
● “Ibadan North” L. G. A. is one of the first four most populated L.G.A in Nigeria with 856,988 people and Oluyole 734,377 people (2006 census)
● Ibadan has 5 metropolitan L.G.A namely Ibadan North, Ibadan North-West, Ibadan North-East, Ibadan South-West and Ibadan South-East
● Ibadan has 6 Urban-rural L.G.A namely Egbeda, Oluyole, Ona-Ara, Lagelu,Akinyele and Ido
● Ibadan has its oldest L.G.A such as Oluyole, Akinyele and Lagelu L.G.A
● Ibadan is the Capital of Western Colonial Administration 1893 and also Western Region since 1939
● Ibadan operates the most orderly and peaceful monarchy system anywhere in the whole universe*
● Ibadan hosts the very first University in Nigeria and the first and the best Zoological Garden (renovated few years ago by Pastor E.A. Adeboye) nationwide (in the University of Ibadan campus)
● Ibadan covers a total Area of 3,186 sq. km (1,195sq miles) close to the whole of Lagos State 3,348 sq.km
● Ibadan has 7 Federal Constituencies as against constitution stipulation of 6 to create a state
● Ibadan puts Oyo State as the 4th largest economy in Nigeria
● Ibadan is Nigeria’s 3rd cheapest city to live
● Ibadan has a Federal Airport (Alakia), boarding passengers to cities like Kano, Lagos, Abuja, Benin, Port Harcourt etc.
● Ibadan has 4 Government Reservation Areas Read More
Source:: Nigerian Chatter